Pet Dental Care at Central Boulevard Veterinary Hospital
Dental health is vital for your pet’s overall health. Dental illnesses can cause or result in other health conditions as well. As such, your pet’s gums and teeth should be examined at least two times a year. That’s why Central Boulevard Veterinary Hospital provides pet dental care services to Brentwood and the surrounding areas.
Why is Pet Dental Care Important?
When you bring your cat or dog to our Brentwood veterinarian for dental checkup and cleaning, the vet can remove bacteria and place from the teeth. Accumulation of bacteria in your pet’s tooth can find its way into the bloodstream damaging various organs including the liver, heart, and kidneys.
Reveal Dental Issues
Like people, your pet may not show any signs of having dental issues until he or she stops eating because of pain or a swollen jaw. Regular dental checkups in our veterinary hospital can reveal tooth and gum issues before they become more severe.
Your Pet Can Live Longer
As your pet grows older, they require special dental care that addresses wear and tooth loss. Your cat or dog can live longer if its dental needs are well-maintained and met.
When to Seek Urgent Pet Dental Care
Have your pet’s teeth checked if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Refusal to eat or loss of appetite
- Bad breath
- Bleeding from the mouth
- Extra teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Swelling around the mouth
- Dropping food, drooling or abnormal chewing
Some pets get irritable easily when they have dental issues. As such, any behavioral changes warrant visiting your Brentwood veterinarian.
What Causes Pet Dental Problems?
Pets can have similar dental problems that people can develop. Some of them include:
- Periodontal disease
- Palate defects
- Tumors in the mouth
- Broken jaw
- Misalignment of the teeth
The most prevalent dental condition among cats and dogs is periodontal disease. Early diagnosis and treatment are paramount, because periodontal disease can cause severe pain and other health problems to your pet.
What Pet Dental Care Services to Expect?
Our Brentwood veterinarian offers various dental care services including:
- Dental Grading – Our veterinarian will give your pet a grade depending on dental grading scale ranging from grade 0 to grade 4. Any pet with a grade of 2 and above may require professional dental cleaning and further evaluation.
- Teeth Cleaning – We employ the safest anesthetics and we monitor your pet throughout the procedure. We also use pre-, intra-, and post-operative pain mitigation management to keep your dog or cat comfortable.
- Tooth Extraction and Surgery – Pet tooth extraction can be simple, but some extractions such as Canine teeth, Premolars, Molars or Impacted teeth can be complicated. Our surgical approaches for extractions are safe and efficient to ensure post-surgical healing.